Monday, March 18, 2013

The Country Cat

The Brunch Bunch invaded this SE Portland breakfast spot yesterday and I think for all, the experience was a positive one. Great cocktails, 'real' loose leaf tea, and amazing service added to high marks for the food offerings.

I started the morning with a Proud (bloody) Mary. The server set down this fabulous creation of tomato juice, vodka, and spices. I concoction was topped with a garnish of lime wedge, green olive, pickled golden beet and a big ole slab of beef jerky. I almost got filled up on the cocktail before my breakfast arrived.

Proud Mary
Fortunately my Brunch group are good at sharing. My sausage, goat cheese, green garlic and leek omelet was just so-so after I tried Candy's chicken fried steak over sour cream mashed potatoes with worcestershire gravy. Yummy!

Chicken Fried Goodness (mashed potatoes hidden by steak)
But the best thing I tasted was Kevin's fried chicken side dish. It was bacon and pecan spoon bread. It was the perfect combination of sweet and savory. I even found the actual recipe for the spoon bread.

You can check my actual review on Yelp here.

No comments:

Post a Comment