Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hair Ironic is that?

It's kind of ironic that the previous post showed me with a beautiful bald guy and now I'm going to be talking about hair. Hmmmm....

I've been growing my hair out for quite a few years (as near as I can tell it's about 13). Now I didn't intend to grow it out to donate but in the end that's kind of what happened. I would say it was about 4-5 years ago that I thought of cutting it off, or just enough that I could actually do something with it besides wear it in a pony tail. But someone mentioned Locks of Love and I got to thinking that perhaps I would just keep growing it out until I hit the big 5-0. I figured women after 50 really don't look good with long hair (though, of course, I see contradictions to that almost every day).

2 years ago I cut about 14" off, intending to send it in right away. Next thing I knew, I was just months away from my birthday. So I hung on the ponytail and made an appointment with a hairdresser friend to cut the rest of my locks off. She actually separated my hair into four pony tails and cut them off. That way she was able to still leave me with shoulder length hair.

This photo shows my hair AFTER the first amount was cut off (below).

Here's the first cut to the hair.

And here is the most recent amount cut off.
The best part is that I've received so many compliments on my new hair style. Most people say it's taken at least 10 years off my looks (and when you already look 10 years less than your age...haha). I know most people felt I was probably lazy or vain and that's why I kept my hair long as many years as I did.

But I really did become a garden of hair, cultivating it for others to be able to have some enjoyment from. I certainly hope I can bring a smile to a deserving boy or girl with those luxurious locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment