Monday, March 25, 2013

FoSaP for March - Free at Last!

I probably struggled harder with this menu than I have with any other monthly dinner. Only because I promised the items would be 'free' of something. My choices were meat-free, gluten-free, fat-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, etc, etc. I wanted to make things that people normally eat but the 'free' version isn't always a great alternative.

So here's how it broke down:

Appetizers - Totally Fat-Free

Microwave Potato Chips

Vegetable Rainbow

Curry and Apricot Yogurt Dip

White Bean Dip
















































Dinner - Gluten-free, meat-free

Mario Batali's Polpette Di Lupo (meatless meatballs) served over gluten-free pasta

Gluten-free bread made in the bread machine
 

Dessert - Sugar-free

Sugar-free apple pie (made with Splenda)
 

Personally I thought every single item was fabulous. No flavor lost with any of these!

I will post step-by-step directions for the Polpette Di Lupo later in the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment