Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hermione's Everyday Socks

As a Harry Potter fan, I'm sure I was drawn to this pattern by the name. But the repeat was an easy one to remember and these socks knit up quite quickly. I remembered about halfway through the first sock that I promised Papa John I would make him some socks so figured I had better get these finished lickety-split so I could start workin on Papa's socks.

Here is the end result using more Deborah Norville's Serenity sock yarn. This time in Teal Tease (S2656).

Full view of both socks

Close up of color variation
 
Close up showing the pattern variation

People often ask me who I'm making something for. These will go in my stash drawer along with the Vanilla Latte and the Jaywalker socks. It's always nice to have a fun hand-made gift on hand in cash you forgot someone's birthday.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hermiones-everyday-socks

Now on to Papa John's socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment