Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FoSaP for February - Oh Balls!

Alright, when I scheduled my monthly dinner for February I went with a theme that I thought I could do in advance. After all, it was my birthday weekend and I assumed at the time that I might be celebrating the occasion the night before and wanted to get as much done as possible, just in case I was feeling a little under the weather.

As it was I only got a couple of things done the week before because I made the decision earlier in the week to make swag bags for everyone to take home from my birthday party the evening before...and ended up making 36 bags (and still ran out by the end of the evening).

Fortunately, because I was driving a rental (Enterprise even surprised me by upgrading me to an Eclipse convertible for free since it was my birthday weekend) I drank only water at the party so I was feeling perfectly fine the next day. But since I had this convertible and it ended up being a gorgeous sunny day, I put the top down and took a drive for an hour. I had my warmest winter coat and the heat on, but still.....


Now, back to the balls! Here's the menu for the evening:


Ranch and Bacon Cheese Ball

Smoked Salmon Balls

Spinach Balls
 
Potato Balls




Amazing Apricot Balls
And then there were the Olive Balls, Great Balls of Fire Crab Balls, Ham Balls, Buffalo Chicken Balls, Garlic Bread Balls, Hula Balls, and It's Raining Cats and Dogs Balls that I forgot to take pictures of.

Of course, when a bunch of adults gather together to eat balls for dinner you know which direction the conversation ends up going. Let's just say there was a lot of very entertaining (my sides were actually sore the next morning) and very educational discussion.

But in the end even Chester thought the evening was exactly what was needed to feel peaceful.



Best 50th birthday ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment